Friday, April 8, 2011

My top 15 drugstore products


HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!


I'd like to discuss beauty products. To splurge or not to splurge? that is the question.

Here are my top 15 drugstore products (in no specific order)

MONISTAT CHAFING GEL
Now I know this isn’t a makeup product, but it's great for a face primer! an amazing face primer might I add. I use this almost everyday to give a smooth finish to my skin before applying my foundation. I am confident enough about this product to say that it is very comparable to Smashbox’s Photo Finish Primer.



MAYBELLINE NEW YORK FULL 'N SOFT WASHABLE MASCARA



I've spent top dollar on mascaras, but I keep coming back to this one. It doesn't clump, it goes on smooth, it builds and lengthens, and it stays all day without irritating my eyes or flaking off. It's pretty much a perfect mascara with a perfect price. There are several color choices also.



REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION
Revlon colorstay liquid foundation is a matte finish foundation. It covers really well and even better than some of the high end foundations! There is a wide range of colors and formulas to choose from so have a beauty advisor help you find the one that is right for you. Forumulas are for both dry skin and combination/oily skin.





PHYSICIANS FORMULA SHIMMER STRIPS IN VEGAS STRIP

I use this shimmer strip as a highlighter along my cheekbones. It's super frosty looking in the pan but applies sheer (use a light hand when applying). It is definitely comparable to Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks and a fraction of the price. You may use it as a bronzer but I found it is way too shimmery for me to use it as a bronzer, with my combination skin, it looks too oily. So, using it as a highlighter is the best way to go.


PHYSICIANS FORMULA MAGIC MOSAIC PRESSED POWDER

I do love Physician Formula products, and another one of my drugstore favorite is the mosaic pressed powder. This pressed powder is great for setting the foundation OR for contouring. Since the powder isn't heavy, it doesn't appear cakey like some other powders.



SALLY HANSEN LIP INFLATION EXTREME GLOSS

A majority of us women (or men) want fuller lips, a kissable pout without the bottox, well I must tell you, I love the Sally Hansen Lip Inflation glosses. They're a very affordable alternative to department store lip plumpers and they actually work!



RIMMEL LIQUID EYELINER
Liquid eyeliners are the way to go. Liquid eyeliner has lasting power similar to that of a waterproof mascara. This particular eyeliner is by far the best in that category. it somehow masters the art of not being running, streaky or clumpy.


PRESTIGE WATERPROOF EYELINER

This was my first eyeliner when I was a wee little lassie (13yrs old). Let me tell you, I absolutely love this eyeliner. It is so smooth and glides on the eyes. Its texture is very similar to Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliners. Love Love LOVE this product.


REVLON MATTE LIPSTICKS
My new Love. I have been a dewy girl throughout my life and matte never interested me very much. But this? OH MAN! I have never loved mattes so much. The Revlon Matte Lipsticks are creamy, non drying (however I suggest that you apply lip balm before you apply lipstick) and they are long lasting. They have a fabulous range of colors to choose from (my favorite is "Nude Attitude" and "Really Red"). It's a little pricey for drugstore brand but it's worth every penny.


MAYBELLINE MOUSSE BLUSH

The texture of it really is whipped, like a mousse, which makes it light on your skin and easy to apply. The blush doesn't have any shimmer or glitter to it, and looks very creamy on the skin, much like a cream blush. However, it isn't as pigmented as a cream blush, so there is less of a chance of applying too much of it and ruining your look!. (I wear the peach-satin color)


ARDELL FALSE LASHES
If you want lashes that are relatively easy to apply and have a seamless appearance. Look no further! Ardell cannot be beat, especially with the price. Don't forget to also buy duo lash adhesive which comes in a clear formula as well as dark, it'll keep false lashes on all night!




MAYBELLINE ULTRA BROW BRUSH-ON POWDER
The powder defines brows softly and naturally. Its lasting power is great, lasts all throughout the day and the pigmentation is pretty rich, so if you have even medium or dark brown eyebrows, the light powder would work just fine.

SALLY HANSEN NAIL ART PEN
LOVE LOVE LOVE these. These pens make it so easy to do cute designs and fast. So if you want to do some mad cute and easy designs then I would totally recommend getting these! (make sure you don't use them as regular nail polish because that is not what they are for, and when you do apply your coat of nail polish, make sure it is completely dry before you start doodling away!)

CETAPHIL DAILY FACE MOISTURIZER

Cetaphil has a great facial moisturizer for the colder months--I don't love it for summer because I feel like it's a bit too heavy (I have sensitive skin so I'm careful about these things), but it's great if you're feeling dry and you need a quick fix. And the SPF that is added in doesn't feel too much like sunscreen which is always a plus. And always remember that moisturizer is best applied right after you step out of the shower, up to twice a day.




SOFT LIPS - VANILLA LIP BALM SPF 20

THIS IS THE BEST LIP BALM I HAVE EVER USED. This is what I coat my lips with when I am at home and before I go to bed. It smells wonderful and is like rubbing a light creamy oil on your lips; it keeps my lips moisturized all night! It's doesn't rub on hard like chap stick (eww). It doesn't really have a taste, but would you really want one? I'd lick something that tasted awesome right off my lips, and licking your lips when they are dry is one of the worst things you can do- it makes them drier. Plus, for me, it doesn't break my lips out like other lip balms. I love, love, love it and will always buy it!












Follow JulianaMaria43 on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment